ONE DAY NATIONAL TRAINING CONFERENCE
CHILDREN MISSING EDUCATION
SAFEGUARDING & IMPROVING ATTENDANCE
Conference Flyer & BookingForm - www.aewmweb.com/images/flyers/Flyer.pdf
Wednesday 18th October 2017
Where Arden Hotel, near NEC, BIRMINGHAM
· This participatory training conference will focus on Children Missing Education both through policy and personal experience as well as continuing to look at the role of attendance managers to improve attendance.
· Safeguarding Children in Education is demonstrated through educational professionals in our approach to Children Missing Education, the recent report from the National Children’s Bureau highlights weaknesses in approach.
· How safe are children who are out of education? What are practical ways forward? We will look at the work of the Ofsted Unregistered Schools Team, the role of Directors of Children’s Services and hear an inspirational speaker on the experience of being a gang member and his approaches to tackling gang and other related issues in the present day.
· We will hear from the DFE, updating on government strategy to improve attendance, including penalty notice policy as well as an update on issues relating to CME
· There will be opportunity for networking and sharing best practice in tackling absence from schools.
Who should attend
Cost £135 (members) £150 (non-members) per delegate. Cost includes All Refreshments, Lunch, Training Handouts, Examples of good practice, and Participation Certificate.
Coffee & registration from 9.00am - First presentation 9.45am - Closing at 4.00pm
Location: The Arden Hotel is located near the NEC with free parking and is in walking distance to Birmingham International Rail Station
Questions & Bookings
Managing Attendance Matters
IAN NORMAN-BRUCE, Education Consultant.
The Association is proud to be celebrating a 100 years of supporting its members working with schools, families and children in promoting school attendance and positive outcomes for children.
We hosted a two day conference in May where we celebrated the Centenary with a Conference Dinner and we listened to our after dinner speaker Dr Gervase Phinn who was brilliant. We had displays of archive material on display for members to peruse.
As part of our Centenary we are planning a training day on 18th October 2017 at the Arden Hotel, Bickenhill, Solihull. Presenters include the DFE, A children's Commissioner, CME, Director of Childrens Services